Fundraiser – Help us Open a Creative Incubator on Dundas Ave. West
Who we are?
A profit share-based incubator system that helps develop creative entrepreneurs through SMARTER Collaboration
Profit share + creative community
- This community is designed for us to actively participate on projects; each project will be carefully mapped out on Trello and have a monetary value attached.
- The structure will be broken down into 4 milestones, each with its own tasks to reach there. These milestones are, Alpha phase (gather info), Beta phase (test it amongst close friends), Launch phase and Monitor. The largest portion of the compensation will always go back to the creator (up to 60%).
- A portion of the profit goes to participants who help along the project, and the rest goes to the community, overheads, or other projects. These percentages are determined before a project is launched during the Alpha phase. Community members can vote on which project to take on.
Simplified Methods Achieving Results Through Exact Rhythm
- All projects must start from the foundation up because a tree grows it's roots as deep as it needs to be tall. We start all projects through a Business Canvas Model. This determines time, scope, value, and whether the project is worth pursuing by the creator as well as the community at large. Once we agree on the project we continue through to the Alpha phase by streamlining all the information gathered down to a Project Outline. When we agree on the Project Outline we map out the project on Trello, which allows us to see how it can be monetized by establishing a timeline
Why we do it?
- to develop creative entrepreneurs in to becoming unicorns
- To help solve isolation in our community
- Give artists a platform to focus on their work
- R&D the relationship between art, Homeless And mental health
- The purpose of the events is to raise money through subscriptions, donations and art sales to fund a 6,200 sq ft. profit share based Collaborative Incubator Space for Creative Entrepreneurs on Dundas West and Davenport. This will give us enough money to pay rent and overheads and sustain for 1 year.
- This community is designed for us to actively participate on projects; each project will be carefully mapped out on Trello and have a monetary value attached. The structure will be broken down into 4 milestones, each with its own tasks to reach there. These milestones are, Alpha phase (gather info), Beta phase (test it amongst close friends), Launch phase and Monitor.
Mental health, homelessness isolation
- A key problem #CUTO eliminates in the creative entrepreneurs space is isolation; it's hard to find spaces with likeminded (abstract) individuals and it's hard to survive in a linear world of 9 to 5 when creation is abstract.
- It’s hard to monetize art by ourselves and it can become discouraging trying to find the right people. #CUTO eliminates isolation and allows us to share knowledge, skills, and resources enabling community members to focus on the skills they’re strongest at and allowing them to produce more efficient projects.
- Volume is a byproduct of the SMARTER algorithm, if SMARTER governs how our community functions then Volume turns the value received from participating in our community into currency. Volume is a blockchain based idea design to add a currency to CreativeUTO. This allows artists to exchange their skills without fear of losing “money”. Volume is transparent, artists get volume for animating the incubator by participating in community functions, projects, workshops, creating content, and or selling their art. Volume is assigned by committee and artists can reinvest it back in the community or cash out.
The facility will be a constant showcase of creativity that evolves with new themes every 2 to 3 weeks. It will be broken down in to 4 cores, (below) that follow a schedule between, event, workshop and open hours.
- Video & Tech – a laboratory for technology, coding, videos and development
- Tinkerer’s Lab where fashion, crafts makers, and jewelry makers can craft
- Painter’s lounge, where artists can come and paint
- Knowledge Base a quiet lounge where community members can relax, study or work quietly
Michael Bole has over 20 years research and development in marketing/sales. Michael has was worked for various companies in either sales, customer service and or advertisement. These include his projects including clothing lines, event management, talent management, as well as organizations such as Apple, Seagate, Honeywell, Air Miles, General Motors, Aimia Marketing, startups and social enterprises like Center for Social Innovation (as a DECA) Free Geek Toronto. He launched FMiMBranding in 2009 which focuses on business development from the foundation up and out of that came CreativeUTO a think tank of creative entrepreneurs where we leverage our skills to helps develop creative unicorns, their ideas, and their projects.