Our Commitment to Sustainable and Ethical Production
Commitment to Sustainable and Ethical Production
Here at Creative UTO we have a strong commitment to producing all of our merchandise in the most ethically and environmentally conscious way possible. In order to do this we have carefully chosen vendors that meet the following criteria:
1. Reducing emissions in line with targets established by the 2015 Paris Agreement
◦ Converting offset printing processes to LED has substantially reduced carbon footprints
◦ Large-scale solar arrays have been installed and were installing solar panels isn’t feasible, working with local providers to procure renewable energy.
2. Committing to responsible forestry
◦ Being FSC certified. Their FSC certification with NEPCON is recognized by the Rainforest Alliance and current in both the North American and European markets!
◦ To learn more about why FSC is
3. Has a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification
◦ The interior fittings in their US headquarters earned Platinum certification for LEED!
◦ Their headquarters uses 40% less water from plumbing features and 75% of the
construction materials were diverted from a landfill and reused
4. Robust recycling programs
◦ They use large exhaust systems to carry the waste to processing machines where it is bailed, ready for transport.
◦ Even their dust is compressed into pucks for ease of transportation before being sent off for recycling.
◦ In their European offices the disposable cutlery, cups, and plates are biodegradable and recyclable.
5. They hold their supply chains to the same standards
◦ They demand that their supply chain does not allow for unacceptable practices like environmental violations, child labor, slavery, or unsafe working conditions.
◦ They update their Supply Chain Transparency Discloser every year to stay current on all ethical and sustainable consumption methods.
◦ They do not use papers sourced from endangered old-growth forests, forests of exceptional conservation value, or the Amazon Basin.
6. They print-on-demand
◦ Traditional offset printing usually requires large orders in anticipation of sales. Often, any books that go unsold are destroyed. The print on demand model of book manufacturing reduces supply chain waste, greenhouse emissions, and conserves valuable natural resources.